Jesus is a revered Prophet in the Islamic tradition. Learn about the ways that Muslims understand Jesus.
– Religious adherents hold their beliefs to be sacred and it can be challenging to hear about beliefs in another tradition that disagree with our own.
– How can we think about these differences in a way that fosters humanization rather than dehumanization?
– Ask students to investigate what an Islamic primary source says about Jesus by researching and analyzing passages from the Qur’an.
– Explain: The Qur’an is not organized by topic or chronology. Therefore, the reader has to skip around the book and collect pieces of evidence to then, later, put the story together.
– In what spirit did Francis approach the court of al-Malik al-Kamil
– Why was Jesus familiar to al-Malik al-Kamil?
– What are the main differences between the Islamic and the Christian views of Jesus noted by the scholars in the video?
– What are the similarities in views of Jesus between Islam and Christianity?